[PVE-User] Proxmox and Asterisk using Veth and One-way Audio

Bruce B bruceb444 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 22:42:50 CET 2010

Hi Everyone,

I have a router that supplies the proxmox server with DHCP and does the
firewall but has ports 5060 TCP/UDP and the UDP ports required for media
open and forwarded to the local LAN IP of asterisk. I do have registration
but there is one-way audio. I can heard the system when I call in but the
system can't hear me.

My questions is that does Proxmox or Debian in ANY WAY firewall the KVM (I
am running KVM install from .iso for CentOS) or maybe play with the packets?
Is there anything I should do at the proxmox main node to make sure my KVM
is acting in DMZ within Proxmox so that the only thing between my KVM and
the internet is the router that I have in place?

Please enlighten me.

Thanks