[PVE-User] kvm enable freez a Debian guest

Marco Vaschetto m.vaschetto at snservice.net
Sun Dec 19 14:57:37 CET 2010

On Sab, 18 Dicembre 2010 3:30 am, Robert Fantini wrote:
On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 3:08 AM, Marco Vaschetto
<m.vaschetto at snservice.net>wrote:

> Hi to all,
>
> I have upgrade to proxmox VE 1.7, and when I create a full virtualized
> guest linux (debian 5.0.5 lenny) whit a buisness card iso installer
> kernel version 2.6.26-2-486 always randomly freez the guest.
>
> If kvm support is disable the VM is not freez, but losing in
> performance, a
> unreasonable use of virtual ram, cpu and the services is run on the
> guest is unusable.
>
> My pveversion -v
>
> pve-manager: 1.7-10 (pve-manager/1.7/5323)
> running kernel: 2.6.32-4-pve
> proxmox-ve-2.6.32: 1.7-28
> pve-kernel-2.6.32-4-pve: 2.6.32-28
> qemu-server: 1.1-25
> pve-firmware: 1.0-9
> libpve-storage-perl: 1.0-16
> vncterm: 0.9-2
> vzctl: 3.0.24-1pve4
> vzdump: 1.2-9
> vzprocps: 2.0.11-1dso2
> vzquota: 3.0.11-1
> pve-qemu-kvm: 0.13.0-2
> ksm-control-daemon: 1.0-4
>
> if anybody have some idea thamk's in advance.
>
> MV

When the container freezes,  can you  stop or enter it using vzvtl ?

Is not a container openvz is freez is a full virtual machine whit a linux
kernel did't work whit a kvm enable.

I want try to build my own virtual appliance and see if the situation is
change.