[PVE-User] Spam:**********, How to change the time and date on VM?

Bruce B bruceb444 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 19 18:42:02 CET 2010

Thanks for all the input. Changing the clock under Configuration > System >
Time only changes for the main node and any type of reboots to the system
doesn't fix the issue onthe VMs. VMs come with MSK time. I know other
project like OpenNode are looking to provide option for user at create time
to set TimeZone.

I also can not find  Options | Real | Time Clock under ProxMox GUI.

This command from your link actually works:

ln -s /usr/share/zoneinfo/*America/Chicago* /etc/localtime

I am not sure if this is all you need after all but it's much better than
installing 78 packages of install yum install ntpd. I am wondering if
someone can weigh in on this and tell me if this will bring about a solid
clock and there is no need for ntpd packages?

Thanks,