[PVE-User] I/O performance increassion upgrading proxmox :)

Marc Aymerich glicerinu at gmail.com
Tue Dec 28 17:38:52 CET 2010

FYI, yesterday we upgrade our production servers from proxmox 1.5 to 1.7
(kernel 2.6.24 to 2.6.32).
Today we noticed a considerable decresion of the amount of time needed for
our backup system: backuppc with remote storage mounted (r-only) using
iSCSI.

Some examples:

Incremental backup of our web array used 117704MB of 749954MB ext3, 3 sas
disks on raid5.
day before: 469.7 min
day after: 287.9 min
61% better

Incremental backup of uor maildir array 300346MB/1124939MB ext3, 4 sas disks
on raid5
day before: 1217.8 min
day after: 964.7 min
80% better

Full backup of our mysql array 9662MB/137312MB ext3, 2 sas disks on raid1
last full backup: 23.7
day after full backup: 15.3 min
64% better

Congratulation  :)