[PVE-User] Request: change "Delete" to "Detach" for hard disks

Flavio Stanchina flavio.stanchina at ies.it
Tue Feb 16 10:10:19 CET 2010

In the hardware device list for a VM, you can "delete" a hard disk: this
will detach the disk image from the VM, but it leaves the image on
storage. This is perfectly good, but I think "Delete" is misleading: I
*knew* that it just detaches the image, but I hesitated for a second or
two, with my head spinning on the question "are you really sure it
doesn't delete?"

(I moved the image to shared storage and was in the process of detaching
the old image and attaching the new one, but I wanted to keep the old
image as a backup until the VM booted positively).

Could you change the menu label to "Detach"?

--
Flavio Stanchina
Informatica e Servizi