[PVE-User] Multiple network interfaces in OpenVZ guest

Gerry Demaret ml at x-net.be
Mon Feb 22 15:50:37 CET 2010

Dietmar Maurer wrote:
>> I do not seem to find any information on how to add a second interface
>> to an OpenVZ guest in proxmox.
>>
>> All guests should have an internal interface. However, some of them also
>> need an external one. This means creating two interfaces for the guest,
>> one connected on vmbr0 and one on vmbr1.
>>
>> Is there any way I can do this with Proxmox's OpenVZ interface?
>
> This is currently not implemented (but it is on our todo list)

Hi Dietmar,

A good year ago I was wondering if it would be possible to add multiple
network interfaces to one OpenVZ guest with the Proxmox interface. Do
you have an idea when this would become available?

I must admit I need it quite often for my setups, and I'm still using
vzctl directly to add them, hence the question. :)

I am planning on using the clustering feature and migration of guests.
Would my direct usage of vzctl affect the migration capabilities?

Thanks for a great product, by the way!

Gerry.