[PVE-User] shutdown -r in VZ guests != reboot

Mykel at mWare.ca Mykel at mWare.ca
Sat Jan 16 16:55:52 CET 2010

When I do a shutdown -r in an OpenVZ guest, it goes down nicely, but the
management system leaves it 'mounted' without it starting up again. This
is no issue with KVM guests, but requires VZ guests request an
administrator to do their reboots for them... is this supposed to be the
case? Is there a workaround or some other option?

I did some quick searches around the Wiki but didn't see any references
to this.

Myke

Lathe:~# pveversion -v
pve-manager: 1.4-10 (pve-manager/1.4/4403)
qemu-server: 1.1-8
pve-kernel: 2.6.24-18
pve-qemu-kvm: 0.11.0-2
pve-firmware: 1
vncterm: 0.9-2
vzctl: 3.0.23-1pve3
vzdump: 1.2-5
vzprocps: 2.0.11-1dso2
vzquota: 3.0.11-1
Lathe:~# uname -a
Linux Lathe 2.6.24-9-pve #1 SMP PREEMPT Tue Nov 17 09:34:41 CET 2009
x86_64 GNU/Linux
Lathe:~#