[PVE-User] lvm+iscsi

Martin Maurer martin at proxmox.com
Wed Jan 27 14:38:22 CET 2010

Hi,

So you configure iSCSI on the bios and the host just see this drives like physical attached devices (/dev/sdx), right? So just go this way: http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Storage_Model#Use_local_devices_.28like_.2Fdev.2Fsd...2F.2C_FC.29

> 2) How does proxmox ensure the use of LVM is cluster safe?
> Eg if I have an iSCSI lun that is connected to both hosts, and each VM
> uses a separate LV, thats fine, but how does proxmox ensure that:
> a) The same LV is not mounted on both host machines at once
> b) That only one host attempts to update the LVM meta-data at a time?
> (Eg create a new lv/snapshot)

We implemented our own locking mechanism.

> 3)Is iscsi+lvm a recommended/supported shared storage configuration?
> Or would it be better/safer to go with NFS?

iSCSI and LVM is recommended.

Br, Martin