[PVE-User] Network and KVM

Tony Zakula tony at zakula.com
Thu Jul 22 19:56:02 CEST 2010

Hi,

I recently setup a Proxmox server and have one OpenVZ container running.  I
then wanted to set up one KVM on the same Proxmox server.  Everything goes
fine, except the KVM machine cannot access the network.  If I add a second
OpenVZ container, it can access the network fine.  I had looked at the
Proxmox network setup, and I have changed my /etc/network/interfaces on the
Proxmox to look like below.  Does anyone see an issue or have a suggestion?

Thanks!

Tony

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

auto eth0
iface eth0 inet static
        address  192.168.1.100
        netmask  255.255.255.0
        gateway  192.168.1.1
        post-up echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/eth0/proxy_arp

auto vmbr0
iface vmbr0 inet static
        address  192.168.1.100
        netmask  255.255.255.0
        bridge_ports none
        bridge_stp off
        bridge_fd 0
        post-up echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward