[PVE-User] Network and KVM

Tony Zakula tony at zakula.com
Mon Jul 26 20:31:27 CEST 2010

On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 9:07 AM, Tony Zakula <tony at zakula.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 9:05 AM, Tony Zakula <tony at zakula.com> wrote:

>>> problems.
>>>

> Strange, I will take your word for it, but the machine has been running for
> a few days now without problems.  The KVM and VZ containers have an ip
> address in the same network segment.
>

> You can't use the same network here! This results in serious routing
problems.

I will try things the other way,  but for the sake of discussion, I am not
sure why you cannot use the same network segment here.  If I understand
Linux routing correctly, (not saying I do) there is a kernel routing table
which includes local and non local addresses.  Everything would be a local
address.  When the VM needs to go out to the Internet, or another network
segment, the gateway on eth0 would be used.  Please correct me if I am
wrong. :-)  This set up does seem to be accessible locally as well as
getting out to the Net.