[PVE-User] proxmox version 1.5 not remembering openVZ settings after reboot

Guy guy at britewhite.net
Wed Mar 17 11:24:56 CET 2010

On 17 Mar 2010, at 09:34, Guy wrote:

>>> my
>>> course
>>> found

>>> Yup each file as a line like this in it.
>>>
>>> DEVNODES="loop1:rw "
>>
>> And that setting vanish somehow?
>
> Well I can't atest to it vanishing after boot, only that the openVZ did not mount the filesystem, and manual mounting failed until I reentered the command.  I've got a spare Proxmox system here so I'll test is again with a copy of the image and see if I can repeat it.
>
> Cheers,
> ---Guy
>

>> - Dietmar

Ok I've confirmed it... on reboot the loopback device to not attached.  The openVZ conf file maintains it's entry:

DEVNODES="loop0:rw "

If I shut the openVZ down and then start it back up then all is well.  It seems that it's just an issue with rebooting the proxmox server it's self and having the openVZ selected to start on boot.

Cheers,
---Guy