[PVE-User] Feature request on Backup

Lorenzo Quatrini lorenzo.quatrini at gmail.com
Wed May 5 10:14:04 CEST 2010

Hi,
I would like to know if it would be possible to create a job to backup all
cluster nodes (and all vm): I have a shared storage and I think it would be
better not to have to schedule different times, but let the backup job go to
the next node when the previous one is done. Also, if I add or delete a node
from a cluster, the backup job is always there and working.

Also, I think it would be nice to be able to choose a "retention" algorithm for
the backups (not deleting previouses backups, thus being able to go back in
time 1 day, 2 day, 4 day, 1 week, 2 week, 1 month, 2 month, 6 month or any
reasonable way that can be easly implemented and managed)

TIA
Regards
Lorenzo

P.S. I'm using Proxmox on about 4 clusters of various types (kvm and openvz)
and I would thank you again for the awesome job that you guys are doing! Good job!