[PVE-User] NEEDP HELP BADLY - VM only picks up IPV6 and no IPV4 once launched and there is no console access whatsoever....

Bruce B bruceb444 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 16:15:25 CET 2010

Hello Everyone,

I can create VM with ethernet bridge to vmbr0 and start the system but I
can't get into the VM because it has either picked up an IPv6 and not an
IPv4 or because the Console (VNC - Java) feature is not working at all.

I have tried many different operating systems with even trying from a Live
Ubuntu CD today and the console - vnc doesn't work period. If anyone knows a
particular operating system, browser version, and java version that works
please list it here.

IS THERE ANY OTHER WAY to get to the VM to fix it's network issue through
the main poxmox shell? may SSH into the IPv6 address of the VM?

I don't see why the VM's can't pickup the proper IPv4 from my DHCP router.
It's definitely not a router issue as it supplies many other endpoints
including vmbr0 and vmbr1.

Please advise. Thanks