[PVE-User] Only loopback interface seen by ifconfig - Why?

Bruce B bruceb444 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 6 16:28:28 CET 2010

Hello,

I have been trying to get the console viewing running for sometime but it
fails and no one posted what version of Java and Browser really works so I
give up on that now. But, my problem is that the VM only picks up the
loopback "lo" interface with 127.0.0.1 and there is no veth0 or venet0 or
etho0 or eth1.

So, when I do the "ifconfig eth0 up" then eth0 or the "ifconfig veth0 up"
they come up but they don't have an IP from my router. So, I can't ping
google and can't reach the server from outside.

Can you please let me know why those interfaces don't get setup when
creating the VM or why there is option for it in the GUI?

OR

How to the VM connected to the internet?

Thanks