[PVE-User] Windows guest disk I/O write slow

Martin Maurer martin at proxmox.com
Tue Nov 9 20:34:00 CET 2010

Hi,

[Martin Maurer]
Looks like you do not installed some packages (especially pve-qemu-kvm is missing)

> aptitude update
> aptitude install proxmox-ve-2.6.32

And post your pveversion -v again.

> pveperf:
> CPU BOGOMIPS:      51071.48
> REGEX/SECOND:      891403
> HD SIZE:           0.99 GB (/dev/mapper/system-root)
> BUFFERED READS:    52.69 MB/sec
> AVERAGE SEEK TIME: 6.75 ms
> FSYNCS/SECOND:     113.04
> DNS EXT:           93.32 ms

[Martin Maurer]
Slow fsyncs, means you do not have a raid controller with write-back.
Or you got a single hard drive with cache disabled.
FSYNCS/SECOND should be at least 1000, with raid controller much higher.

Br, martin