[PVE-User] Routed Setup possible?

Benjamin Griese der.darude at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 09:15:22 CEST 2010

Hi Alexander,

you may want to take a look into this thread, it's not exactly a solution to
your problem, but shows how internal routing is done.
Based an this thread it should be easy for you to unterstand it and build
your on solution.

http://forum.proxmox.com/threads/4068-Installguide-proxmox-on-Software-Raid-(Hetzner-EQ6-server)

Bye, Benjamin.

On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 09:01, "Alexander Täffner (dark alex)" <
darkalex at firesplash.de> wrote:

>  Hi again,
>
> I have an addition... did not think of this point:
> I have no second IP in that subnet...
>
> So I guess I need to do a kind of NAT.
> How to resolve that? (never used NAT) any Ideas?
> Thats the way:
>
> Client sends packet to 10.10.10.10 -> Host has assigned 10.10.10.10 as a
> second IP. vServer has an IP 172.10.10.5.
> The Host now should NAT 10.10.10.10 to 172.10.10.5 and when the server
> answers it should NAT back to 10.10.10.10
>
> I'd be happy if you could provide me a kind of a mini-Howto!
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Regards
>
> Am 14.10.2010 16:29, schrieb "Alexander Täffner (dark alex)":
>
>  Hi all,
>
> is there any clean way to setup a routing?
> I have an IP Subnet but need the Hostmachine acting as Router for the
> Packets not to get dropped by the Infrastructure.
>
> I attached a Visio-Draft of what I mean with some more details. (Needs a
> PDF Reader like Adobe Acrobat)
>
> Regards
>
> Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
> Alexander Täffner

> Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
> Alexander Täffner
>
> --
> Firesplash Entertainment
> Projektleitung
>
> Besuchen sie uns im Web:http://www.firesplash.de

To be or not to be -- Shakespeare | To do is to be -- Nietzsche | To be is
to do -- Sartre | Do be do be do -- Sinatra