[PVE-User] How to activate eth1?

Bruce B bruceb444 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 07:18:06 CEST 2010

Hi Everyone,

Just learning Proxmox here. I can't seem to get the network running
properly. Documentation is kind of incomplete on the wiki:

 Interface Active Ports/Slaves Autostart IP Address Subnet Mask Gateway

 vmbr0yeseth0 10.100.100.130255.255.255.010.100.100.1 vmbr1yeseth1
10.100.100.131255.255.255.0

Seems like I am missing the Gateway in vmbr1 and there is no place for it
when I edit it. So, I assigned it to a VM but I don't see the IP picked up.

Furthermore, for redundancy reasons should I bond eth0 and eth1 or should I
keep them as separate connections come in and then assign each VM both
connections?

Thanks