[PVE-User] KVM 0.15 - pvetest repository

Martin Maurer martin at proxmox.com
Wed Aug 17 12:34:14 CEST 2011

Hi,

[Martin Maurer]
First, adapt your sources.list that it points to the pvetest repo instead of pve:

It should look like this:
__
deb http://ftp.at.debian.org/debian lenny main

# PVE packages provided by proxmox.com
deb http://download.proxmox.com/debian lenny pvetest

# security updates
deb http://security.debian.org/ lenny/updates main
__

> Aptitude update
> Aptitude safe-upgrade
>
> And do I need to shut down all VM's first and restart the ProxMox server
> afterwards?

[Martin Maurer]
If you got a new kernel, you need to reboot. If you just got a new KVM package, a poweroff and poweron of the KVM guests is enough. Always check your version with 'pveversion -v'.

Br, Martin