[PVE-User] Proxmox and a Persistent reservations and Debian

Steven Anderson hikenboot at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 17 02:18:13 CET 2011

Greetings!
I have created an install on debian of proxmox 2.0 , raid-10, LVM, and soon to be linux-iscsi.
Here is the problem.
Proxmox runs on kernel 2.6.32-6-pve
Windows requires of ISCSI that it supports persistent reservations. A fairly recent feature of linux-iscsi but not in the supported open-iscsi package.
I am trying to get linux-iscsi with persistent reservations for microsoft quarum cluster disks to work with this install of proxmox 2.0.
I have been unable to find a kernel for proxmox 2.0 which is supported by Debian Weezy release (testing) which comes with a 3.1.1 kernel which from what I understand is now packaged with linux-iscsi instead of open-iscsi which will give me this much needed feature
The Debian install holds KVM, Proxmox and is to have the RAID-10 configured partially as ISCSI targets to 10 different Quarum disks. (5 for each of my two clusters).
Anyone able to help me figure out how I can possibly get this arrangement. In addition anyone able  to tell me when Proxmox 2.0 will support the 3.1.1 series kernel? Or able to give detailed directions on getting it compiled with it?

thanks in advance.
steve