[PVE-User] Proxmox on HP ProLiant BL460c G6

Marc Caubet mcaubet at pic.es
Fri Jul 1 10:05:14 CEST 2011

Hi,

we are testing Proxmox on a HP ProLian BL460c G6 which is connnected to a
DDN Disk Cabin (Model S2A9900) using FC. This machine has 2 system disks
configured on a RAID1 hardware.

We tried to install Proxmox in this machine. During the installation process
it detects a /dev/cciss/c0d0 (LOGICAL VOLUME) disk as the system disk, also
we can see 4 devices (dev/sd[a-d]) which corrresponds to the FC to the cabin
disk (4 ways, it means, each device is a way).

Proxmox is installed on the /dev/cciss/c0d0 volume, but after installation
no hard disk is detected. On the BIOS side, primary disk is the system disk,
secondary disk is the FC disk. We also tried different sorting (and
reinstallation) without success.

Any idea? Is this machine model supported?

Thanks in advance,
--
Marc Caubet Serrabou
PIC (Port d'Informació Científica)