[PVE-User] VM windows 2008 issue.

Alain Péan alain.pean at lpp.polytechnique.fr
Fri Jul 1 13:37:44 CEST 2011

Hi Holger,

Le 01/07/2011 12:34, Holger Ernst a écrit :
> Hi Alain,
> you use virtio NIC on Win2008 without problems? We swithced back to
> e1000 while having severe problems (loss of connectivity) when
> handling large data files (50GB).

Yes, I use virtio NIC with no apparent problem, but with the latest
drivers from Fedora. In fact, I had previously some problems with e1000
(the drivers available with windows 2008 iso seems to work, but in fact
not correctly, and I had to use the ones downloaded from Intel
directly). But I am not transferring big files, it is for example for
domain controllers.

For file servers, I am still using physical machines, one reason being
that I have much more storage space available.

Alain

Alain Péan - LPP/CNRS
Administrateur Système/Réseau
Laboratoire de Physique des Plasmas - UMR 7648
Observatoire de Saint-Maur
4, av de Neptune, Bat. A
94100 Saint-Maur des Fossés
Tel : 01-45-11-42-39 - Fax : 01-48-89-44-33