[PVE-User] VM windows 2008 issue.

Alain Péan alain.pean at lpp.polytechnique.fr
Mon Jul 4 17:12:43 CEST 2011

I never tried this procedure with a 2008 R2 machine, only 2003 R2. So
there is perhaps some gotchas here ? The proxmox wiki describes only the
procedure for 2003....

You should perhaps try the procedure that has been tested by Ernst
Holger and Martin Maurer, that is use the vmware backup tool to backup
to a shared storage, then use vzrestore, to restore the VM on Proxmox ?
But I don't know if you have the full set of ESX tools. With ESXi, you
don't have a backup option...

Alain