[PVE-User] VM recovery in case of host failure

Phil Stoneman pws at corefiling.com
Thu May 26 12:27:10 CEST 2011

On 25/05/2011 17:23, Giovanni Toraldo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I know that actually proxmox doesn't support any kind of high
> availability, but today I haven't see any way to restart a VM on another
> host because VM .conf are kept on the previously running host only (or
> not?).
>
> I am using shared storage, so VM images are available on every host.

Hi Giovanni,

We simply keep a backup copies of the VM configuration files in
/etc/qemu-server on all our machines. Then, if one of the hosts fails,
we put our backed up configuration fiels in /etc/qemu-server on the
remaining host and start up all the VMs. Simples!

I can share the rsync script if you want...

Phil