[PVE-User] WG: Windows 2008 Problem....

Holger Ernst he at ernstdatenmedien.de
Wed Nov 9 13:15:37 CET 2011

Hi Gilberto

yes, we also had some issues w windows 2008 in the past. VirtIO-network
driver caused connection loss from time to time and virtio disk driver
caused system crash/reboots.
carefully check what io and network driver you are using. first stay
simple. use IDE interface and driver for disk io and rtl8139 or e1000
(it has been said you should use the intel driver for e1000, not the
driver comming w windows. i can not confirm...). If the system runs
stable for a significant time you can get adventurous ...

Regards, Holger

Hi folks....

I do not know if this problem just happen with me, but I'm using ProxMox
1.9, that I've installed on a server with Debian Squezee.
When I install Windows 2008 R2 everything work properly but, after some
days, windows 2008 get a crash and I have to run chkdsk to fix the
system.
I actived vzbackup to make backup of my VM's. The backup is only
snapshot.
Someone get this error too???

Thanks a lot.

--