[PVE-User] Can I change default port from 8006 to 443?

Patryk Benderz Patryk.Benderz at esp.pl
Thu Oct 6 09:43:27 CEST 2011

[cut]
> I will remind us of Scotty, from Star Trek III - "The more you
> overtake
> the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain". Or, put another
> way "be as complicated as it needs to be, but no more". If there is
> no
> need for VHosts, why use them?
	First, thanks for explaining (i mean it). Second, do not understand me
wrong, generally I agree as to simplicity. If this is easiest way, they
should use it.
	However, if you take a look at current (PM 1.9)
config /etc/apache2/sites-available/pve.conf (citation below) you will
notice that PM devs are already using <VirtualHost> to set up many other
options. Thus in this particular case it might be easier to reuse
existing configuration or add one more <VirtualHost *:443>, which in
fact they did for PM 1.9.
	Now another question raises, why they didn't reused 1.9 config? Or do I
misunderstood original question?

"[...]
<VirtualHost *:443>

    SSLEngine on
    SSLProtocol all -SSLv2
    SSLCertificateFile /etc/pve/pve-ssl.pem
    SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/pve/pve-ssl.key

    RewriteEngine on
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_METHOD} ^(TRACE|TRACK)
    RewriteRule .* - [F]

 </VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *:80>
    #RewriteLog "/root/rewrite.log"
    #RewriteLogLevel 10
    RewriteEngine on
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_METHOD} ^(TRACE|TRACK)
    RewriteRule .* - [F]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/nrd/
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/images/
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/css/
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/javascript/
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/vncterm/
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/.*\.js$
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/login.pl$
    RewriteRule ^/(.*) https://%{HTTP_HOST}/$1 [L,R]