[PVE-User] Is it safe to upgrade from Proxmox-ve-2.6.18 to Proxmox-ve-2.6.35 at one shot?

Alain Péan alain.pean at lpp.polytechnique.fr
Fri Sep 2 10:54:01 CEST 2011

Le 02/09/2011 10:39, Martin Maurer a écrit :
> Proxmox VE 1.x compared to Proxmox VE 2.x:
> This kernel will be introduced to Proxmox VE 1.x pvetest and finally leads to 1.9 - which is probably the last major release of the 1.x series. Currently we test this kernel in the test lab, working great so far. Also, this kernel will be used in the first beta of 2.x. This also helps to eliminate kernel related migration issues.

It is interesting to learn that there will be a 1.9 release. I asked in
the past for a 1.9 release based on squeeze, that would bring ext4
support and compatibility with Dell OMSA, and ease the migration from
1.x to 2.0. I was answered that there will be no other 1.x release.

Apart from a new 2.6.32 kernel, based on RHEL6, are there other features
that will be added to this 1.9 release ?

There is no problem for me to go for a 2.6.32 kernel, as far as the
latest KVM features are supported in this kernel, and there is no
conflict with OpenVZ (there were bugs in the past, related to OpenVZ
patches).

Alain

Alain Péan - LPP/CNRS
Administrateur Système/Réseau
Laboratoire de Physique des Plasmas - UMR 7648
Observatoire de Saint-Maur
4, av de Neptune, Bat. A
94100 Saint-Maur des Fossés
Tel : 01-45-11-42-39 - Fax : 01-48-89-44-33