[PVE-User] RAID 10 with proxmox

Frédéric Massot frederic at juliana-multimedia.com
Fri Sep 16 17:11:35 CEST 2011

Le 16/09/2011 14:52, Muhammad Yousuf Khan a écrit :
> Dear All,
>
> i have a Intel base server machine S5500BC to which i want to install
> Proxmox 1.9 pr 1.8 with RAID 10 option this is a builtin motherboard
> option. now the problem is when i use the bootable CD for this
> motherboard that contain the RAID Drivers (Regardless of fake or
> hardware RAID) i can see only 3 OS options. RHEL , Windows, SUSE but i
> can not see debian or any other. now my need is RAID 10 with Proxmox and
> CD is not compatible with Proxmox . please guide me to overcome the issue.

Hi,

It is quite common as a question, the answer is always the same, do not
use the fake RAID.

How data are stored is unique to the model of the motherboard. If the
motherboard fails, it will have the same model to retrieve data from RAID.

So using the Linux RAID software or true RAID hardware with a card.

In the case of RAID hardware, check which models are compatible with
each other and buy a spare card.

Regards.