[PVE-User] RAID 10 with proxmox (Muhammad Yousuf Khan)

Francesco Gabriele francesco.gabriele at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 07:58:29 CEST 2011

Hi,
I have several servers with Proxmox, and all I have configured the software
raidbecause I think it is more reliable and much more flexible. Just think
of the fact that you are not connected to the controller in the event
of a break
and just take the disc and move to a new server and everything works
magically.
I usually proceed in this way for a new installation:
1) Install Debian Lenny 64 Bit with Software Raid
2) Edit socers.list with servers Proxmox
3) install the necessary packages as explained in the wiki Proxmox
4) Setting up Grub to boot from the two disks (if you use raid1)

On reboot I have a super server with the riad prox software :-D