[PVE-User] how to config 2 IP on kvm where host has one nic with local IP

info info at oversite.se
Thu Sep 22 18:39:24 CEST 2011

Hi,
I have a proxmox cluster for webhosting where all proxmox nodes has one
nic with a local IP for both protection from public but also where the
NFS traffic goes for ISOs and virtual disks for KVMs.
The KVMs for webserver etc has one public IP each.
The gateway routing to internet in front of the nodes has two networks
for the same port allowing the public IPs to reach the KVMs as DMZ.
This works well.

My problem and my question. I want the websites to be placed on the NFS
directly and not on the virtual individual drives on the KVMs and
because of that the KVMs need access to the NFS via a local IP.
I can't find a working way to add a second local IP to the KVMs to reach
the NFS over 192.168.10.x network while the public IP still works.

I would appreciate some ideas here.
/Hans

example of config on proxmox nodes:

bony1:~# cat /etc/network/interfaces
# network interface settings
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

iface eth0 inet manual

auto vmbr0
iface vmbr0 inet static
address 192.168.10.52
netmask 255.255.255.0
gateway 192.168.10.1
bridge_ports eth0
bridge_stp off
bridge_fd 0

And on the KVMs
midnite at ispconfig:~$ cat /etc/network/interfaces
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

auto eth0
iface eth0 inet static