[PVE-User] WG: difference b/w backup types

Matthew Caron Matt.Caron at sixnet.com
Wed Sep 28 17:19:23 CEST 2011

On 09/28/2011 10:10 AM, Muhammad Yousuf Khan wrote:

> Thank for the info.well some time backup got failed while copying to the
> network folder.

I think this is your core issue. *WHY* did it fail? What is the error
message?

This can be anything from "your network is broken under heavy load" to
"your backup server is broken under heavy load". I mean, I've seen
issues like this where the cleaning staff come in and unplug the switch
from the wall so they can plug in their vacuum. Now, all this should be
in a sealed datacenter, but in a small business situation, the reality
is often that "the datacenter" is "the least desirable cube in the office".

> i have asked this question previously, people have their
> own perception some say it is because you have 100mbps LAN card  so i
> changed it to 1gb and now still having the same problem.

No, that would make it be slow, but it would still work.
--
Matthew Caron
Build Engineer
matt.caron at sixnet.com