[PVE-User] Clusterd LVM created by RHEL

Benjamin Griese der.darude at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 15:51:20 CEST 2012

Hey,

I'm not that familiar with PVE and its locking mechanism, but from my
experience you should just disable the cluster flag from your voluime group.

"vgchange --clustered n"

from the manpage:

-c, --clustered {y|n}
              If clustered locking is enabled, this indicates whether this
Volume  Group  is  shared  with  other
              nodes  in  the  cluster  or  whether it contains only local
disks that are not visible on the other
              nodes.  If the cluster infrastructure is unavailable on a
particular node at a particular time, you
              may still be able to use Volume Groups that are not marked as
clustered.

bye, benjamin

On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 15:23, Vadim Bulst <vadim.bulst at bbz.uni-leipzig.de>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to bring up a 3-node cluster with shared fc-storage. Before I
> installed PVE I fooled around with RHEL 6 and clvm. Now I'm not able to
> activate my vg's created and used with RHEL/clvm. Any hints?
>
> root at bbzclnode07:~# pvecm status
> Version: 6.2.0
> Config Version: 3
> Cluster Name: kvmcluster
> Cluster Id: 46772
> Cluster Member: Yes
> Cluster Generation: 48
> Membership state: Cluster-Member
> Nodes: 3
> Expected votes: 3
> Total votes: 3
> Node votes: 1
> Quorum: 2
> Active subsystems: 5
> Flags:
> Ports Bound: 0
> Node name: bbzclnode07
> Node ID: 2
> Multicast addresses: 239.192.182.107
> Node addresses: 192.168.128.26
> root at bbzclnode07:~# pvecm nodes
> Node  Sts   Inc   Joined               Name
>   1   M     44   2012-04-04 14:41:30  bbzclnode06
>   2   M     32   2012-04-04 14:40:58  bbzclnode07
>   3   M     48   2012-04-04 14:41:54  bbzclnode04
>
> root at bbzclnode07:~# vgdisplay
>  Skipping clustered volume group VMSPACEprovigo
>  Skipping clustered volume group VMSPACE
>

> Do I have to configure clvm?
>

> Cheers Vadim
>

> --
> Mit freundlichen Grüßen
>
> Vadim Bulst
> Systemadministrator BBZ
>
> Biotechnologisch-**Biomedizinisches Zentrum
> Universität Leipzig
> Deutscher Platz 5, 04103 Leipzig
> Tel.: 0341 97 - 31 307
> Fax : 0341 97 - 31 309

To be or not to be -- Shakespeare | To do is to be -- Nietzsche | To be is
to do -- Sartre | Do be do be do -- Sinatra