[PVE-User] Fwd: Migrating from 1.9

Samir Faci (Dev) dev at esamir.com
Fri Apr 6 18:56:54 CEST 2012

Thank you for point 1. I figured it out a bit later down the line.

For point 2.  I was trying to use vzdump CLI tool to restore.

I forget the exact error, but once I moved my backups to dumps/ I can
restore just fine.

I'm having problems starting some machines.  While I figure that out,
I had a 'base_image' that needed
updating anyways.... so I did a fresh install, I load the Ubuntu
Server iso, run through the
installation process.. everything works fine.  then when it's read to
reboot I get a
'No bootable device'.

I noticed that it does seem to work when I do a fresh install on
virtio drive.  I'm still trying to debug the issue to see
if there is a pattern.  It seems that any scsi drive breaks, IDE works
fine and virtio as well.

Any machine I restored that were using a scsi based drive fails to
boot properly (still verifying for all cases).

Any ideas?

Also, is there an easy way to convert from a SCSI drive to an IDE one
via the new interface? I could find an obvious check
mark to click.

--
Samir

On Fri, Apr 6, 2012 at 12:26 AM, Dietmar Maurer <dietmar at proxmox.com> wrote:
>> 1.  If I add a 'Directory' Storage with a few ISOs in them.. I can't seem to get
>> proxmox to list them.
>
> Put them into subdirectoctory '/template/iso/', for example ('local' storage)
>
> /var/lib/vz/template/iso/
>
>> 2.  How would I restore a vzdump ? When I try to do vzrestore foobar.tgz 105  I
>> keep getting an error that the container doesn't exist.
>
> What error do you get exactly?
>
> - Dietmar

Samir Faci
*insert title*
fortune | cowsay -f /usr/share/cows/tux.cow