[PVE-User] I can't install heartbeat in VPS openvz

Maykel Franco Hernández maykel at maykel.sytes.net
Fri Apr 20 14:15:09 CEST 2012

Hi. I like configure the heartbeat in two nodes for loadbalanced
with ldirectord, ipvsadmin...etc. For redirect the traffic, i exec this
command:

Load the modules in proxmox:

loadb1/loadb2:

echo ip_vs_dh
>> /etc/modules
echo ip_vs_ftp >> /etc/modules
echo ip_vs >>
/etc/modules
echo ip_vs_lblc >> /etc/modules
echo ip_vs_lblcr >>
/etc/modules
echo ip_vs_lc >> /etc/modules
echo ip_vs_nq >>
/etc/modules
echo ip_vs_rr >> /etc/modules
echo ip_vs_sed >>
/etc/modules
echo ip_vs_sh >> /etc/modules
echo ip_vs_wlc >>
/etc/modules
echo ip_vs_wrr >> /etc/modules

Then we do this:

loadb1/loadb2:

modprobe ip_vs_dh
modprobe ip_vs_ftp
modprobe
ip_vs
modprobe ip_vs_lblc
modprobe ip_vs_lblcr
modprobe
ip_vs_lc
modprobe ip_vs_nq
modprobe ip_vs_rr
modprobe ip_vs_sed
modprobe
ip_vs_sh
modprobe ip_vs_wlc
modprobe ip_vs_wrr

vzctl set 102
--capability net_admin:on --save

vzctl set 103 --capability
net_admin:on --save

/etc/init.d/vz restart

But the heartbeat report
this error:

Apr 20 16:00:41 loadbd1-mysql heartbeat: [2680]: ERROR:
Unable to set scheduler parameters.: Operation not permitted
 Apr 20
16:00:41 loadbd1-mysql heartbeat: [2681]: ERROR: Unable to set scheduler
parameters.: Operation not permitted
 Apr 20 16:00:41 loadbd1-mysql
heartbeat: [2676]: ERROR: Unable to set scheduler parameters.: Operation
not permitted

I deleted the venet for create the veth. And the error
persist.

Can I help me please?

Can install heartbeat in VPS openvz??

Thanks in advanced.