[PVE-User] Proxmox node is down, how can I migrate the VM?

Tobias Matthaeus tm at carmunity.de
Thu Apr 26 23:26:26 CEST 2012

Hi,

I have a two node cluster with Proxmox 2.0-59. On both nodes exists an DRBD Master-Master Volume, so that live migration is possible and the VM Data is available on both nodes…
Everything is working fine.

But: What is when ProxMox Server A is going hardly down, possibly caused by an hardware error. How can I fire up the VMs on ProxMox Server B? In ProxMox GUI the VMs has an black Icon and I can´t migrate them. Because the connection to ProxMox Server A is not possible.

Do you have any tip for me? I don´t have a fencing device and I think there is no possibility to use an PDU ore something else….

Thanks and Regards

Tobi