[PVE-User] two node HA cluster with "dummy" fencing mechanism just for lab?

Yannis Milios yannis.milios at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 16:49:15 CEST 2012

Hello

I have setup two node cluster with PVE 2.1 and DRBD as described in the
Wiki and it is working ok.
If I do not make the vm HA I can successfully live migrate it on each node.
But if do make it HA then when I try to migrate it to the other node I get:

Executing HA migrate for VM 100 to node proxmox1
Trying to migrate pvevm:100 to proxmox1...Temporary failure; try again
TASK ERROR: command 'clusvcadm -M pvevm:100 -m proxmox1' failed: exit code
250

I suppose this message occurs from the reason that I have not setup a
hardware fencing mechanism, right?
Is there a way to utilize a "fake" or "manual" fencing mechanism just for
the lab?

P.S I have also setup and enabled qdisk in this cluster.

thank you