[PVE-User] DRBD+ Proxmox2.1 + Debian Squeeze

Muhammad Yousuf Khan sirtcp at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 11:03:18 CEST 2012

Thanks, ill read this. for new bie like me :) its kinda seems hard to
understand but ill learn it with no problem,

but there is a question of mine. since Proxmox team highly supporting
DRBD. i have seen this in last version 1.9 and now in 2.1.

i was talking to a guys in mailing list they were building openfiler
with HW RAID1 as a SAN solution for virtualization.

so my question is, why proxmox team dont promote openfiler or
open-iscsi as a cheap back end? is there any stability issue or some
thing. i know there are pros and cons for every project/product
however just to clear my concept i am asking this.

sorry if my question is a bit wrong. but still i am in learning phase.
so it would be very helpful for clearing my concept.

Thanks,