[PVE-User] HA two node cluster with shared storage

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 08:39:12 CEST 2012

Hi all

I'm running an OpenVZ cluster with HA (corosync / pacemaker) for quite a
while now and am about to setup a new cluster and am considering using
proxmox-pve on the new cluster. The new cluster is supposed to:

* run OpenVZ containers
* be high-available
* be consisting of two nodes
* host the storage on the nodes themselves
* both nodes should be active (only in case of a failure, CT's should be
moved to the remaining node)

I now have two machines I can play with and where I can test different
setups. However, I haven't managed to find a matching solution for the
requirements above. What I have most difficulty with understanding how I
can create a storage that is:

* mirrored on both nodes
* usable concurrently by both nodes
* hosted by nodes themselves.

I figured that some cluster file system like ocfs2 or gfs2 on top of
drbd could work, but it seems that none of those file systems are
supported. Now, I would to ask the community: Is there a way to realize
my idea of a setup with proxmox? If so, what is the best way? If there
is already an article about the topic that I missed, I'd be happy to
hear about it, of course.

Thank you
Roman