[PVE-User] About Server Hardware

admin extremeshok.com admin at extremeshok.com
Tue Jul 10 12:24:16 CEST 2012

Never run Raid5/6 for a database.

Never run an SSD on a hardware raid controller. SSD's do not understand
SAS commands, and you will loose TRIM support.

If you want a fast server, you will need raid 1/0 with 4 x 15 000 rpm
sas2 drives on a raid controller with 512MB cache a BBU (battery).

Here are my benchmarks with proxmox2:
http://extremeshok.com/blog/?page_id=746
LSI MegaRaid 9260 + BBU + 4x Seagate 600GB 15000rpm SAS2 Drives.