[PVE-User] why compiling

Muhammad Yousuf Khan sirtcp at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 13:59:36 CEST 2012

This is a very basic question but confusing me for very long. so i
need your help.

why people do compiling. i have heard many time that people are
compiling kernel on debian.
what is the reason for this? i am using debian for almost 1.5 year and
have been using it on different platform in CLI mode. but no need of
compiling in this time window.

secondly i have read  that people are compiling Squid SAMBA and all
the other packages but why. i am using KVM, squid samba etc  for
almost more then 1 year and all the servers are providing me what ever
i asled all the services are very comprehensive and could be fit in
any environment then why compiling?

Thanks,