[PVE-User] VM's need to be assigned to a group and given permissions?

Moe, Justin Justin.Moe at concentric.com
Thu Jul 12 00:23:56 CEST 2012

Hello everyone.

I've dug around using google and the wiki, but I seem to be missing something here explaining this behavior, so I'm hoping that someone can point out what I am missing.

I have a machine that has a fresh install of 2.1-1/f9b0f63a (per the web UI).  For testing, I'm using an old VM that lives on a shared storage machine, accessible via NFS.

With the KVM guest defined, starting the guest works without any issue, but the guest is unable to access the network (trying to ping the gateway returns a route not accessible), or be access from the network (pings just timeout).

However, after I assigned a group to the guest via the permissions tab, it was able to communicate with everything else on the network normally.

Might this be something I've misconfigured on my end?  If more details are needed, I am more than happy to provide them.

Thank you.