[PVE-User] KVM 1.1 and new Kernel

lyt_yudi lyt_yudi at 126.com
Thu Jul 26 02:54:57 CEST 2012

very thks for yours hard work!

lyt_yudi

From: Martin Maurer
Date: 2012-07-25 19:48
To: proxmoxve (pve-user at pve.proxmox.com)
Subject: [PVE-User] KVM 1.1 and new Kernel
Hi all,

we just moved a bunch of new packages to our stable repository, including latest stable OpenVZ Kernel (042stab057.1), stable KVM 1.1.1, new cluster package, bug fixes and a lot of code cleanups.

Additionally, we added first packages to support two distributed storage technologies - ceph (client) and sheepdog. Both technologies are looking great but note, currently it's not yet ready for production use.

Important Note for HA setups:
the redhat-cluster-pve package provides new defaults and you need to accept the new one - answer with Y here. as soon as the installations is finished, you need to enable fencing again, see http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Fencing#Enable_fencing_on_all_nodes
After installation and reboot (aptitude update && aptitude full-upgrade), your 'pveversion -v' should look like this:

___
pveversion -v

pve-manager: 2.1-12 (pve-manager/2.1/be112d89)
running kernel: 2.6.32-13-pve
proxmox-ve-2.6.32: 2.1-72
pve-kernel-2.6.32-13-pve: 2.6.32-72
lvm2: 2.02.95-1pve2