[PVE-User] Change the MTU?

Tobias Matthaeus tm at carmunity.de
Wed Jun 6 10:58:45 CEST 2012

Hello everyone,

I have two ProxMox Server and I am using DRBD to sync the VM-Images between this both machines. Every Server is a DRBD Master and a DRBD Slave for the other one too…
But my DRBD speed is not very high. I think I need to increase the MTU of the VMBR-Interface. I tried that, but I got and error. Any Ideas anyone?

iface eth2 inet manual
        broadcast  10.2.7.255
        network 10.2.7.0
        mtu 9000

auto vmbr1
iface vmbr1 inet static
        address  10.2.7.136
        netmask  255.255.255.0
        bridge_ports eth2
        bridge_stp off
        bridge_fd 0
        pre-up ifconfig eth2 mtu 9000

After restarting network I get this error:

Waiting for vmbr0 to get ready (MAXWAIT is 2 seconds).
if-up.d/mountnfs[vmbr0]: waiting for interface vmbr1 before doing NFS mounts ... (warning).
SIOCSIFMTU: Invalid argument
Failed to bring up vmbr1.
done.

Thanks and Regards!