[PVE-User] kernel not routing bridge connections

Guy guy at britewhite.net
Thu Jun 7 19:53:17 CEST 2012

Hello... Me again!

I run my proxmox systems with many VLAN bridged interfaces...eg.

vmbr10  eth2.4010

I have lots of these and all works really well..until... I rebooted the system and when it came back it was running a newer kernel.

Linux fevirt 2.6.32-12-pve #1 SMP Tue Mar 20 09:25:26 CET 2012 x86_64 GNU/Linux

it seems that when I have this kernel running, I can ping between the KVM images but not traffic comes into the systems, I found this by TCP dumping the network... I could see loads of ARP requests leaving the KVM image.. and I can see them on the edge routers and the responses.. but they never made it back to the system.

I finally rebooted the proxmox and selected the previous kernel..

Linux fevirt 2.6.32-10-pve #1 SMP Tue Mar 20 09:25:26 CET 2012 x86_64 GNU/Linux

and now it's all working again!.

Let me know if you need anything more.

Cheers,
---Guy