[PVE-User] about install cmdline

Giuliano Natali (Diaolin) diaolin at diaolin.com
Wed Jun 13 10:43:42 CEST 2012

Due to the use of several methods i implemented and Dietmar
accepted my patch about the maxroot and maxswap on boot cmdline
that i hope in the next future will be documented on the installer
itself with a simple line like this

You can use maxroot and maxswap as cmdline arguments for disk size
with maxroot=20  the rootfs becomes max 20Gb

But, i ask Dietmar for a new parameter:

freextents=10

is it possible to read from the partition program this cmdline param and
set the Free PE to the passed value in Gb?

The normal size of the FreePE is for me to low and despite i should
recreate the LV...

Let me know...

Tx, Diaolin

P.S.: my patch for the exclude path in vzdump is already in the code
         or should be in the next releases?