[PVE-User] How to add a second router to same Proxmox server?

Bruce B bruceb444 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 19:56:51 CEST 2012

Guy,

Thanks for the input.

If I create a vmbr1 and then whenever I create a container can't I simply
select vmbr1 as the venet or veth? Are you saying I have to change things
on the host node (I'd like to stay away from that).

What is involved with pfSense vlans? My pfSense has 3 ports. My ISP gives
two totally separate blocks of IPs to us (one is a /29 and other is a /27).
The /29 right now is using WAN port on pfSense. LAN-1 port is going to
Proxmox. I am only left with LAN-2. If I use that as WAN-2 then I don't
have a LAN port left to connect to proxmox.

Do you see VLANs to be still easier for me to setup the /27 onto and
managing overhead would be lower than getting a second router involved?

Best,