[PVE-User] 3 proxmox 2.1 servers, 2 switches, HA

Andrew Eross eross at locatrix.com
Tue Jun 19 00:24:23 CEST 2012

Hi Patrice,

I'll just mention that I've gone through a similar exercise recently and
setup pretty much the same network config you have outlined.

The main thing to be aware of is that you can't use 802.3ad and link
aggregation unless the switches are stacked (e.g. using whatever
proprietary cisco/hp/etc tech) so that they are one logical switch.

You can still using the linux active-backup bonding, however, which is what
it sounds like you actually want.

In Ubuntu, here's one of my server config examples:

auto eth0
iface eth0 inet manual
bond-master bond0
bond-primary eth0 eth1