[PVE-User] R: add wifi network interface in proxmox

Marco Vaschetto m.vaschetto at snservice.net
Mon Mar 5 10:14:01 CET 2012

Hi Lara,

why you try to change the name of wlan interface? I don’ t think you need to
do that.

If from proxmox web gui you don’ t see the wlan interface go to file
“/etc/network/interfaces” and edit it manualy.

For example should be like this:

Iface eth0 inet manual

auto wlan0

Iface wlan0 inet manual

                Wpa-ssid your-ssid-here

                Wpa-psk your-password.here

Iface vmbr0 inet static

                address you.address.here

                netmask your.subnet.mask.here

                gateway your.gateway.here

                bridge_ports wlan0

                bridge_stp off

                bridge_fd 0

Iface vmbr1 inet static

                address your.address.here

                netmask your.subnet.mask.here

                bridge_ports eth0

                bridge_stp off

                bridge_fd 0

Caution: I never try to configure a wlan interface whit a bridge, you can
try this configuration but I didn’ t know if i twill work.

You can get more information here:
http://wiki.debian.org/BridgeNetworkConnections#Setting_up_your_Bridge