[PVE-User] HA using mulltiple network interfaces.

Carles Xavier Munyoz Baldó carles at unlimitedmail.org
Mon Mar 12 12:50:51 CET 2012

Hello,
We have setup a two node proxmox HA cluster using DRBD as storage for
virtual machines. These two nodes have several network interfaces, six
in total.

We have setup our fence device for the HA setup using an ePower switch
for electrically reboot a failed node and it goes fine. If we remove the
power from one of the nodes, the other node reboots the failed node
using the fence device and starts the virtual machines of the failed node.

We have observed that if we remove the network cable of the network
interface that we used to create the Proxmox cluster then:
(1) One of the nodes reboots the other.
(2) When the rebooted node starts, it uses the fence device for reboot
the other node.
(3) And the cycle repeats every time a node reboots.

We believe that this behavior is not correct, because the nodes are ok,
we have only lost a network link but each node of the cluster believes
that the other node has fault.

Our cluster has 6 network interfaces, should it be possible to verify
that the other node is ok if it reponds to any of the network interfaces?
In other words, is it possible to configure the proxmox cluster to take
into account all network interfaces?

Thank you very much for your help.
Best regards.
SOLTECSIS SOLUCIONES TECNOLOGICAS, S.L.
Carles Xavier Munyoz Baldó
Departamento de Tecnología
Tel./Fax: 966 446 046
cmunyoz at soltecsis.com
www.soltecsis.com

---
La información contenida en este e-mail es confidencial,
siendo para uso exclusivo del destinatario arriba mencionado.
Le informamos que está totalmente prohibida cualquier
utilización, divulgación, distribución y/o reproducción de
esta comunicación sin autorización expresa en virtud de la
legislación vigente. Si ha recibido este mensaje por error,
le rogamos nos lo notifique inmediatamente por la misma vía
y proceda a su eliminación.
---