[PVE-User] Proxmox 2.0RC1: Howto promote a Cluster node to Master (pveca -m)

Martin Schuchmann ms at city-pc.de
Wed Mar 14 13:32:52 CET 2012

> There is no master in 2.0. we have a quorum based model.
> This means if the remaining nodes have quorum, you can manage everything on all hosts.

Ah - ok - that seems to be a causal explanation for killing that feature!

  :-)

So maybe I should startover with the origin problem:

Node 1 hosts NFS for sharing ISO-Images
Node 2 hosts a Qemu-machine with an CD Drive connected to an ISO from
the NFS on Node 1

-> Node 1 fails.

Starting the VM on Node 2 fails with:
"TASK ERROR: mount error: mount.nfs: Unknown error 16384"

If I try to remove the Drive from the config of the VM via webinterface
on Node 2, I receive:

"unable to open file
'/etc/pve/nodes/promo2/qemu-server/401.conf.tmp.2020' - Permission
denied (500)"

The same happens direkt on the Node via SSH since there are no write
permissions on "/etc/pve/nodes/promo2/qemu-server/" -  and chmod doesn't
support to add them. Probably caused by storing those files in the
database, I think?

What shall I do?
Thank you in advance!