[PVE-User] Problem proxmox 2.0 to forward vmbr1 to eth0, eth1, eth2 VM

Maykel Franco Hernández maykel at maykel.sytes.net
Mon Mar 26 15:35:01 CEST 2012

Franco Hernández wrote:

>> I assigned the same network to vmbr1,
vmbr2 and vmbr3 for the testing. Instead, I configured de vmbr2 and
vmbr3 with WAN IP addresses and the pings OK. You can do it internally,
but a physical card or vmbr3 vmbr2 that has no cable connected, it
should not return the ICMP. You agree with that?

> I agree but the
Linux stack is not working in this manner...

> The IP address is
assigned to the stack and not to the card...

> It seems to be
assigned to the card but the kernel itself owns the address

Diaolin

agree but I If I install debian without Proxmox, and the interface eth0
assigned ip, ip eth1, eth2 ip, I'm sure the ping, it responds with a
different mac.

And the proxmox no.

Thanks